Monday, September 5, 2016

Speed your read!

No. 7 in a series, apparently. Only $9.98! This sort of thing may be good for some people, and may even work to some extent, but for most, it's not really necessary. Personally, I like to take my time reading. The only time when this would've been handy was when we read boring things in school. ;) 

33-1/3? Hmm... Anyone else automatically think of the third Naked Gun movie? Almost makes it seem like a joke.

Hey hey, there's a booklet, too! It's a little small, so here are the five main steps:

1. You must learn to see more than one line at a time.
2. Never look back.
3. Increase the span of your vision.
4. Practice at speeds too fast to rely on auditory support.
5. To discourage completely any reliance on inner speech, practice saying aloud something altogether different from what you are reading at the time you are reading it.

You are now well on your way to becoming a speed reading master.

2 comments:

  1. It's too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. Would be interesting to know what accomplished speed readers would think of it.

      P.S. You may have noticed a lack of Facebooking from me lately. That's probably because I'm not there. Heh. They seem to think it's a crime for me to use my online nickname of nearly 20 years as my middle name (and I don't have a real one in the first place), so last time I tried to get in, they want me not only to change my name, but provide photo I.D., which I think is a bit much. I may come back someday, but in the meantime, Big Brother Zuckerberg probably won't care if I'm there or not.

      I was hoping you were on Twitter, but I don't see your name. Do you use it?

      Delete

What say you?