Monday, August 22, 2011

The original, non-Batman-related Nightwing

Heh heh. Anyway, as much as I love to find goofy stuff, I also run across interesting albums like this:

 
I was hoping it was hard rock and it is. Oh, is it ever! Excellent album. It reminds me of UFO, especially with their hotshot guitarist Alec Johnson, and that's a very good thing. Bridging the gap between early hard rock and NWOBHM.

You can tell they mean business. Check out their singer/bassist Gordon Rowley:

 
I think he just came down from the mountains to get supplies.

Here's an interesting warning/fact/suggestion/whateveryouwannacallit from the bottom left of the back cover:

 
How do you illustrate P2P transfers with crossbones? :p

Check out the excellent opening track, "Overnight Sensation" here.

More info on the band here.

2 comments:

What say you?